The next journey begins Poland and Rwanda 2019

The next journey begins  Poland and Rwanda 2019
2019 adventures

Wednesday, August 16, 2023

Celebration- Tagine- and Home

It is August 16, two days since I've been home.

The last few days have been a whirlwind of activity and now I am back to a quiet house and still recuperating from jet lag.

On the last day of classes, we had a huge celebration with Parents, kids, and staff. The kids performed and I was touched by the two that did a conversation all in English! We also met with the staff and Colleen and I read our little blurbs about each staff member.  The rain held up a little and the day also had a staff vs students soccer game- students won!.

Saying goodbye was hard- as it always is.  

The airport experience no so bad with Martin who "knows" people and we whizzed through. We were not thrilled with Royal Air Maroc.  Arrived in Casablanca and had to wait for the shuttle. I have to say it was nice to stay in the hotel, take a shower and eat more than rice.  I am so grateful for what I have and humbled by the experience.

We took a cab to Casablanca city and met Abdou along with his mother and daughter. It was truly a local experience. We went to the Medina Shouk and saw the Jewish synagogue, "Ricks" - a total tourist trap. Then we went to another area which had lovely street shops. Colleen and I left Abdou ( he had to take his daughter home) and sat for hours in a cafe having mint tea, ice cream, and ice water. We visited the Mosque which is the third largest in the world and holds over 150,000 people.

We then walked over to a restaurant and had a wonderful Moroccan dinner!  Abdou came for us ( with his mom) at 7 pm and we toured the area in his car. The beach area ( and unfortunately witnessed a terrible moto accident). Finally headed back to the hotel ( thankfully near the airport). Colleen was not feeling well- and I was happy she was better once we were airborne. Once again Airport was crazy! Packed flight and many unruly kids.  

We arrived home and my dear friend Rochelle picked us up and Colleen picked up her car, headed home, and Rochelle and I spent time together as she graciously offered to drive me home to NJ.  We did a diner meal and I settled in at home.

This experience has once again given me more than I have given them. New friends- great kids and staff.

I probably need to reflect more and I have forgotten many things I wanted to say but for now, another adventure has been completed as I await a new one




































No comments:

Post a Comment