The next journey begins Poland and Rwanda 2019

The next journey begins  Poland and Rwanda 2019
2019 adventures

Saturday, July 21, 2012

July 21 Wednesday night we had our 'last supper" in a wonderful vegetarian restaurant near Ben Yehuda street. Speeches made, impromptu and planned, photos taken and tears shed. The following day I already posted on the speakers and the incredible insight, opinions, and experiences they shared with us both from a pedagogical approach to a personal view of the Holocaust and the situation in Israel today. I truly believe that one must visit this land in order to really appreciate the scope of the problems here and the tenacity of the people. We went to Oscar Schindler's grave and heard from two of the Schindler Jews who shared their story of survival and of everlasting love. A few of us had to have our last 'fix' of the old city, we had our falafal an shawarma, walked to Damascus gate, back trough Mamilla mall and to the hotel for a glass of wine. I took a cab- did not want to "shlep" my suitcase to bus station- to Ashdod o my cousins. I was proud of myself having once more have a conversation almost all in Hebrew with the driver. It was a lovely Shabbat. This morning I went with my cousin Liat and her little boy to the beach. The water was warm and the sun bright. I did not bring my camera! I am now back in Tel Aviv at my cousin Amir's house and will stay for one night. I hope I can slowly realize I am going back to NJ next Saturday. I will continue my post until I return home and try to assimilate back into my life.... maybe I won't ?

No comments:

Post a Comment