The next journey begins Poland and Rwanda 2019

The next journey begins  Poland and Rwanda 2019
2019 adventures

Friday, July 6, 2012

July 7 Shabbat Shalom I have not written since July 3rd and will try to fill in the days without great detail and a lot to read. I am feeling better now and back to normal. We had an exhausting and exhilarating week of study on Anti Judaism in the ancient world and the medieval era of Christianity. It led to a lecture on Modern anti antisemitism in Europe 19 and 20 century. July 4, although significant for Americans was also a Holocaust remembrance day in Czech republic due to an infamous killing Of Jews inside a temple. We also had an intensive tour of the museum led by our director Ephraim Kaye. We had some time to explore on our own as well. We also had a lecture on Yiddish literature which was both humorous and pensive. Our day was NOT over as we explored the Yad Vashem web site and how to navigate it. That evening we were invited to the Tower of David light show which was a beautiful history of Jerusalem projected onto the ancient walls through technology. July 5 we explored the complicated politics of inter was Poland and of Israel today. We then went to the museum visual center . Yesterday we heard the testimony of Hannah Pick a survivor and friend of Anne Frank. Today we toured the Old City in detail.Once again I stood at the wall in awe and with a feeling that one can not explain unless you have touched he stones surrounded by others in prayer. For Christians the Church of the Holy Sepluchar was a dee3p religio9us experience. We ended at 1pm and all went our own ways. I actually walked backed alone somehow finding my way through the alleys and confusing streets of the Old city. Tonight is Shabbat and I am heading over to the Mamilla hotel to meet up with Elaine with her new group. I hope to make it make for the Shabbat dinner with my own group. I am trying hard to inhale every moment every second. Tomorrow we will head North for an excursion to the Gailiee. I will call my cousin maybe we can meet up. Shabbat Shalom from Jerusalem

No comments:

Post a Comment