The next journey begins Poland and Rwanda 2019

The next journey begins  Poland and Rwanda 2019
2019 adventures

Tuesday, August 16, 2022

Home - August 16,2022

 Home safe and sound. Strange how my normal surroundings seem somewhat different now.  Colleen went home after we had a good old diner breakfast,  And  I did feel a bit off not seeing her in the morning.  I am trying to assimilate back into my normal routine and it will take time.  Doctor appointments fill my days, and I am excited to see my WHOLE family!  It will be the first time we are all together since Ross and Maddy's wedding! and Jennie will meet her niece for the first time. 

My placemats are on my table and I will fondly think of "Passy" when I sit at my table. I also will think of my experiences when I look at my wall hanging. Seeing friends helps because they are genuinely interested in what I have been so lucky to have been part of.

It will be a while for me to process everything, and I am often at a loss for words. I think about my "kids" and what they are doing, and what they are learning.  Berlyse, Passy, Baptiste, Eric, Giselle, Patrick, Noella, Gideon, Aimee, Joseph, Katyrie, Genevieve, Samuel, JD,  and so many more I cannot name them all but I am privileged to know each and every one of them. Forgive me for not naming them all. I want to  Thank the kids for their personally written notes, which I will cherish. The hugs, the games of "Zip Zap Zoop" and "Leader" and I hope you will continue to play Simon Says!

I will go back and read over the blog once I am emotionally able to.  It has been one of those experiences that will remain with me. I felt purposeful, I felt loved, and I felt like I actually contributed in a small way that I hope will help encourage the kids to never give up although their lives are often like their roads: dusty, and rocky.


Murakoze Cyane!



No comments:

Post a Comment