The next journey begins Poland and Rwanda 2019

The next journey begins  Poland and Rwanda 2019
2019 adventures

Saturday, August 5, 2023

Bats, Stars, clear skies and Blackout!

 Yesterday we had good classes and about 7 pm electric went out. This is common and wehave experienced this daily for about an hour. BUT this time was different.  The lights stayed out, AC went off and Martin and Olivier were forcedd to stay, The night guards were here as well. So while we waited for someone to come and fix it bc neighbors had lights so it was not a controlled outage- we took out chairs and looked up into the dark skies watching huge bats soar across the sky and with no lights we saw he stars clearly.

I went to bed around 10 pm and with my handy wind up flashlight was able to brush my teeth. I got into bed and ELECTRICTY came on!!! SO The night went ok.  I also caught a beautiful sky prior to the night and wanted to shw how Guinea is a country of extremes: The rain, Humidity, Beauty in night sky and day sky

I passed a pair of reading glassees to Ansou


I can be a boring teacher even here LOL

passed on a pair of reading glasses


word wall








No comments:

Post a Comment