It's August 2nd Sunday night and next week at this time we will be airborne. So today we got to sleep in a little bit you know I was up but at least I didn't have to get up right away and I took a nice leisurely shower went down to breakfast and met up with Pedro one of my new friends who was with the kids from Miami who told me they were supposed to leave yesterday but there was a big problem with the flight and it was re-scheduled but they weren't enough seats so four people had to stay behind so he stayed behind with the students that weren't on the first flight now they're being rerouted through Amsterdam and some other place and I'm just hoping that Colleen and I don't have any problem with getting home. So we went to the center later and we met with Olivier who was kind enough to take us for our last shopping spree and I think I got what I needed and we headed back and we were getting ready to go to bashir's father's funeral. Another experience going to a funeral here in Rwanda there are a lot of people it was a military ceremony because she is father was a very decorated soldier during the genocide the cemetery looked a little different all the Tombstones were above ground basically and the ceremony was kind of here and then there the family individually brought up flowers and some went and put them in the grave and there was a time where everyone could get up and look to the casket and say goodbye and so on it was what I feel was a Christian ceremony even though I saw that his mother was Muslim and I know that Bashir is Muslim. Alice was there and was very sweet helping me up the embankments and other places there that were not meant for dress shoes. We were there until after 4:00 we took a car back and I picked up my things and we came straight to the hotel. We had dinner here with what was given to us at the center and now I am going to finish this blog with some pictures from today and some random pictures as well including one of the gentlemen who was barbecuing yesterday that looked very typical is typical New Yorker or New Jersey or east coast with a beer in his hand cooking over the grill. The reunion was wonderful seeing so many people and we played that game it was a lot of fun so I'm going to post some photos and go to bed




No comments:
Post a Comment