The next journey begins Poland and Rwanda 2019

The next journey begins  Poland and Rwanda 2019
2019 adventures

Monday, August 10, 2026

Home

 After 24 hours of travel, I am home.  Flights were long but not bad. Colleen and I were flagged in JFK because we had traveled through Entebbe- but never left the plane. We were taken to a very secure Homeland security/CDC area, questioned, and our temperature taken. Please note NO cases of Ebola have been seen in Rwanda, and Uganda is also not reporting any cases.  My good buddy Rochelle picked us up at the airport. She is a good friend and INSISTED on driving me home from her house in Valley Stream. At least we got to spend time and catch up. Colleen headed home and texted me when she got home. Rochelle and I went out for pizza ( which was not a good pizza- I have better places, but we went local).

Last day was emotional for us all, and the students all got together for a dance off! It was fun, joyful, and bittersweet. I also came home to a surprise- Phil put in a new kitchen floor! 

So another year, and I feel we did a great job with the kids. Covered a lot in 4 weeks. I will begin teaching from home in two weeks.

Thanks for continuing to follow my adventures. I am blessed I can do it, enjoy traveling, and making a difference.





airport goodbye



No comments:

Post a Comment