The next journey begins Poland and Rwanda 2019

The next journey begins  Poland and Rwanda 2019
2019 adventures

Saturday, July 22, 2023

Dancing and teaching

 

Today we began the day with an intense dance class with Sekou, I actual broke a sweat which you all know I never sweat. Colleen and I taught our first group of kids.  The names are way too hard for me and my HS French is  not helping me LOL. We then had a break after the 2 hr class  and then had a class with two English teachers with tips on teaching English. Salif and Ansou are  very dedicated and they are themselves still learning English.  Their rapport with the kids is something so sweet to see. These are young men in early twenties and Ansou only 18 and is assisting,  

The rain is something that I have NEVER seen in my life!! It is so loud and strong it wakes you out of a sleep and can prevent one from sleeping at all.  

The food is so much better than I thought!  Plantains cooked many ways, The fish is really good and the sauces all spicy and good

Tomorrow is Sunday and we will be going on an exursion to see the steps of no return which were the steps to the boats when Guinea was involved with the African slave trade. I will expect I will use my poncho (thanks Jennie) and my waterproof hiking shoes,

enjoy the photos

dance class

class 


warm up



 it was good but I stop here....

1 comment:

  1. Is the fish common / easy to get for the people there or is it expensive?

    ReplyDelete