The next journey begins Poland and Rwanda 2019

The next journey begins  Poland and Rwanda 2019
2019 adventures

Sunday, July 30, 2023

Tchotchke shopping and more

 Today I slept a bit better with a little help from Lunesta.  Colleen went with Olivier to church at 7:30. I stayed in bed.  At ten we had a wonderful meeting with teachers and administrators from the Harunaya English school- it is for Guneayn kids but English is the focus,  English is NOT taught in thhe public schools and they see a big need for it.  The school is not free but they offer several scholarships for Mindleaps kids. The school began in 2017 so it is fairly new. Colleen and I have one class of those students.  What impressed me most was the support they Admin( how unusual) give their staff and how much they appreciate what they do,  We discussed many topic including issues with discipline. 

We talked for three hours and could have continued.  We exchanged emails and a pletora of ideas.  Then it was time for tchotchkes


Martin and Olivier got us ( they came with us of course) cab similar to the one from airport, no frills indeed- or seat belts properlyworking. I was taking a video of the traffic when Martin warned me not to bc moto drivers and others can snatch it from/my hand.

We went shopping and I apologize to you all whom I always try to brng back a trinket because there is not much to be found.  I got a few things. We then crossed the street into a new world!  A posh hotel on the beach. We stopped to see the view and had a drink ( soda for me- stomach still not normal) It was first time we saw other White people. Many with small children and African nannys. On the way back we saw the huge, beautiful mosque that Conakry is famous for. We are going to try to make a visit but I need to wear skirt and head covering to do so. So is was a lovely day and NO RAIN!!! Amazing. Tomorrow it is back to work lol.

enjoy the photos.


director and founder of the school

teachers who gave up their one day off to meet with us


BEACH

 Principal of the school David Korama

Principal and admin

AT hotel lobby




No comments:

Post a Comment