The next journey begins Poland and Rwanda 2019

The next journey begins  Poland and Rwanda 2019
2019 adventures

Monday, July 31, 2023

I scream you scream we all scream for ice cream!

 It is actually a lovely evening!! no rain, not too humid and Martin and Olivier took us on a walk to a ice cream store. The woman there was so lovely and her little baby adorable. Her brother was strickenly handsome- in my opinion. So we had a little treat but it was with no electricity as it was out for a while, but same back while we were still eating, I finally felt well enough to enjoy it.

Today classes went well, The staff members are at all levels and I can see and hear improvement in English already because we are totallydoing an immersion style class.

Yesterday during the teacher visit I learned they are mostly refugees from Sierra Leone where genocide did occur and is still a hot bed. One teacher shared that his mom was beheaded and anoher that he lost his aunt in a similar fashion. So part of our discussion was about moving on and at what price.  A subject worthy of more debate.

I wanted to mention that I really do not need moisturizer since the air is so laden with water, and I commented to Colleen ( and she agreed) that the people here have fabulous complexions!  So enjoy the photos

On another note just received an alert on my phone from State department of demonstrations in Conakry anddd to avoid certain areass. A bit disconcerting but we stay close and are never alone.










No comments:

Post a Comment