The next journey begins Poland and Rwanda 2019

The next journey begins  Poland and Rwanda 2019
2019 adventures

Monday, July 22, 2024

Where the pavement meets the road

 Where the pavement  meets  the road the terrain turns into yellow and gold dust that covers your shoes. I love this place and that yellow dust all over my sneakers. The poignancy of being a minority  is not lost on me. I see it in the eyes and expressions of people I pass by. Children are amused,  whether it's my skin, hair, eyes or age. Every morning and every night  I pass an old man sitting  on the side of the road,  wearing a red baseball cap and talking to himself. He acknowledges me with a hand in the air. Everywhere there are vibrant colors : in the sky, in the clothes in the faces. I know I will leave and the dust will be washed off in a machine, my clothes will be washed in a machine,  I will order food on line and have pizza delivered. I will no longer be a minority.... or will I





1 comment:

  1. I think the summer brings the dust and the beautiful color you witness. During the rainy season, the dust turns to mud, which is very hard to navigate.

    ReplyDelete