A few observations I wanted to know one is that there are so many electric vehicles here more than I've ever seen in my own area in New Jersey. They are cheaper to run obviously than gas and it's sunny here very often so I see electric cars electric buses electric motorcycles and much more than I had anticipated. I've also noticed when we have our lunch that the kill the students eat first and then the staff will eat after the students have been fed the food is the same as it's been before cabbage beans potatoes and it's actually quite good. Absolutely shocked at the Mounds of food that people put on their plates and they eat it all but I also know that many of the students and the staff that this is the only meal of the day. So today was the first day of class for Colleen and for me
Classes started at 9:00 and I had a class at 10:00 of lovely students who are all in their twenties and did very well with today's lesson on pronunciation. We broke for lunch and had some time off until 2:00 I had a 2-hour class with the younger kids who are very sweet but a little rambunctious but very sweet and participatory they all wanted to participate especially when I was giving out little Tootsie Rolls when they got a correct answer. Colleen brought 5 Pounds of Tootsie Rolls and we hardly have any left Period Went through all the dum-dum lollipops Period And now I am Giving out stickers We came back to the Hotel pretty early about 6 30 It's the first time we had to walk back to the hotel totally uphill. My heart rate went up to about 1:25 but I felt okay. So I took a shower and now I'm ready to get ready for bed and maybe watch something on my tablet I'm going to include some photos that I took today
No comments:
Post a Comment