The next journey begins Poland and Rwanda 2019

The next journey begins  Poland and Rwanda 2019
2019 adventures

Friday, July 24, 2026

Shabbat shalom

 It's 9:30 p.m. and getting ready for bed and hoping to get a good night's sleep. So there's a lot for me to write about today and the first thing I wanted to talk about were the monkeys because they were back this morning and I put a picture of them that I took on to Google to tell me about these monkeys and this is what I learned they're called Eastern vervet monkeys and they are from this area and they can be very friendly from what I read but it says not to leave snacks out don't leave your window open when they're around because they are looking for snacks so they're very friendly to humans but can be a little Brazen so that's what they are and that's what kind of monkeys they are so I wanted to share that another thing I wanted to mention was the changes that I see since the last time I was in Rwanda and what I noticed again were that everybody has cell phones now and that at the center there are more children on their cell phones and when we wanted to take a break and do a game like Zip they had no idea what I was talking about meanwhile only a few years ago it was the children that taught me that game among others that they play in Rwanda I found that a little sad so this morning we had a free morning because it's Friday and they do different things on Friday I had one class with my online students which I was very happy to see them and we will laughing a lot because I was doing L and R pronunciation and they left it themselves as well and it was really a lot of fun. I hope that they come out of the next 3 weeks being able to say Larry and say Laura and say rock and roll I also remember when I was here or maybe my first or second trip that mostly all the kids girls and boys had very very short crop hair that's not the case anymore a lot of hair extensions and men with more hair on their head than I've seen before so that was something that I thought was different also the fact that the mine leave Center has so many teachers now there's never enough chairs for everyone to sit in the staff room which is a wonderful thing that they have so many so between the hours of 2:00 and 4:00 we have well I taught class and then four to five we did a discussion and it was very Lively mostly talking about women's roles in Rwanda and then we opened it up to let them ask us questions to ask Colleen and I questions which was very interesting and again a wonderful to be able to have these discussions that are a little difficult you know we talked about racial inequality in the US and how neighborhoods are mostly segregated and how what they consider what they think is that all Americans are rich and the fact that what I have probably would make me Rich here but according to our Santa's in the US I am definitely middle class


Tomorrow is Community Day of Service where everybody pitches in and does something whether it's cleaning the streets or planting trees everybody does this they'll be very little traffic in the streets and this is in the morning until 12:00 after which Colleen and I are supposed to babysit for Sophia last year and Rebecca's little girl so I'm looking forward to that. I also did a class this morning withYves which was fun I felt great stretching and later on he showed me some techniques and keeping my balance because balance is difficult but he showed me a couple of things that I was not doing correctly and I thought it was very helpful I think I burned a lot of calories and not sure I haven't checked yet today what my step count was between that and the dancing and actually I'm going to look right now so today I got my 10,000 steps. So I am going to bed and I will post some pictures and hope you're enjoying reading my blog I'm also wanting to include include a poem that Julius wrote basically for me but it's for everyone when I was talking about the fear of falling and it's also obviously a metaphor for life but it's a very interesting poem so I thought I would add it

yes me trying to work out bbbb before dance
Julius Hawai

Fiston

students 

one of my on line students

sisters 

my on line students
morning visitors


 




No comments:

Post a Comment