The next journey begins Poland and Rwanda 2019

The next journey begins  Poland and Rwanda 2019
2019 adventures

Wednesday, July 3, 2019

I love a reunion

Today was really the last day of panel discussion. The focus being on if we can actually prevent genocide. The panel was mixed. Some pessimistic others not so,

 I am getting ready for the closing dinner reception and tomorrow I will once again tour the camp. I have been here three other times but each time it is overwhelming, overpowering, and inconceivable. I feel an obligation to walk the walk each time for myself and for my students.

Today also was a wonderful day of reunion.  My friend Adam, whom I met over 9 years ago and have seen both here in Poland and in Israel on a chance encounter , was able to spend some time with me. He is a passionate educator who HAS made a difference, has stood up for what he believes in, even at a heavy cost- He is one teacher that will have an indelible mark on his students.
I hope we meet again!!!

No comments:

Post a Comment