The next journey begins Poland and Rwanda 2019

The next journey begins  Poland and Rwanda 2019
2019 adventures

Saturday, July 6, 2019

Poznan

We then headed to a small synagogue for Shabbat service. I had no idea that this would even be possible given the past and the few Jews left. Jakub knows the person who runs the service  Alicia Kobus,because they have mutually done many projects together. Jakub 's connection is one of being a teacher, morally and ethically righteous and not a question of religion ( he was born and raised in the Church )  There were about 15 people in total and we were welcomed graciously, I was asked to light the Shabbat candles and felt honored to do so,  There is no rabbi so one of the members conducted the service. Men and women were separated by a divider and the tunes for me were often unfamiliar,  Jakub and his two friends were so kind to participate in this with me albeit on the other side of the wall.  Service ended after 9 pm and we stayed for Kiddush.  After which it was time to

HAVE FUN

I was ready and we did have fun, I can not emphasize the need to
for me to just laugh , eat, drink and utterly enjoy the company of three lovely guys that did not treat me as their "mother: although I am well in the range to be their mom. I stayed out Until 3 am and it felt great to do this which I have not done in many years.  At this point i am waking up at 3 not going to bed at 3 lol.

These young men have wonderful talented careers from architecture to pastry chef. I will post more about that later. I love the photo of me with Dymetra who stands 7 ft







No comments:

Post a Comment