The next journey begins Poland and Rwanda 2019

The next journey begins  Poland and Rwanda 2019
2019 adventures

Wednesday, July 24, 2019

What day is it??????

Well it started out with the thunder, lightening and torrential rains that had me up all night sopping up water and thank goodness for Timothy and Phil  you all know they are angels for me in times of house crap.
So then had two uber divers cancel on me and you that know me know how stressed I get when things are not on time. I did get someone on third try and was first of the group to arrive- if you know me you know thats my MO

OK - Qtar plane is nicer than most and the crew excepional - But nohing helps on a 11 hour ride. I watched several movies and did not sleep a wink,  THEN I feel so foolish not realizing geography that being in Dohr is no where need where Im headed so we had another 8 hours ride with a dubous stop in Entebbe Uganda. are you ready???

Before we took off from Uganda these crew people came on and SPRAYED the cabin!!! No clue what it was of why and we were told we `could` cover my nose and mouth
that was reassuring!  Once we  landed the agents were taking people off the line for passport control to TAKE THEIR TEMPERATURES!

Never the less we finally got here and I am writing under mosquito netting on my bed, The group is great and tomorrow I will see my new friend Aline whom I met in Poland.

Im posting some first day photos.  The people at the guest house are very friendly and kind. What I have noticed is that they have motorcycle cabs and no one seems to follow any lanes. The women are dressed very colorfully.

This was a 20 hour travel day and I really have n idea of day and time

Internet is sketchy so I hope I will be able to keep it up to date   second photo is Dohr airpor

our group leader Carl Wilkins is an amazing hmanitrian and Ihope you read the article I posted. Meetinghim in person, chatting, and hearing his stories is a truly wonderful experience and i is only day one!









No comments:

Post a Comment